Wednesday, October 9, 2013

"I used to call people, then I got into e-mailing, then texting, and now I just ignore everyone." written by The New Yorker



"I crave space. It charges my batteries. It helps me breathe. Being around people can be so exhausting, because most of them love to take and barely know how to give. Except for a rare few."



"Sometimes, when you’re sad you don’t know what to do, it helps to be angry. But then the tears come back again all the same, and you fall asleep with the salty taste of them on your lips." written by Cornelia Funke, Inkheart



"She felt happy these days, yet there was always an undercurrent of sadness just below the surface." written by Diane Chamberlain, The Lost Daughter



"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but it’s hard to stay mad, when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once, and it’s too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that’s about to burst, and then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold onto it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can’t feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid, little life. You have no idea what I’m talking about, I’m sure. But don’t worry. You will. Some day." written by Lester Burnham, American Beauty



"Sometimes you imagine that everything could have been different for you, that if only you had gone right one day when you chose to go left, you would be living a life you could never have anticipated. But at other times you think there was no other way forward―that you were always bound to end up exactly where you have." written by Kevin Brockmeier, The View from the Seventh Layer